Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Washing Hair

Now is the stage of Washing 360 Waves. This can be the worst part of waving. Well it is to me anyways due to when you get out, depending on how high you hair is, it may look frizzy and crappy. When you wash your hair, which is something you must do every 3 days or so, it rinses out the natural oils in your hair which give it a natural shine and give your waves their true definition. So when you get out, they won't look as good as the day before. And after you get out you have to do some serious brushing to get it laid back down. When I wash my hair, I usually use some Olive Oil Shampoo, which is really healthy for your hair. I apply it going WTG(with the grain) and then I brush it in with my shower brush(the brush I use only for the shower which is a hard brush) for about 2 minutes then I let the water rinse it. Then I wash it again and just apply it wtg and don't brush it in and let it rinse. Then I'm done but then I get out of the shower and I usually brush my hair with my shower brush until my hair is dry. Then after that I add a moisturizer because your hair will be dry after you wash it, and then I brush A LOT and then I durag it up.


Now there is a thing called "Washout". Washout happens when you get a haircut and you wash your hair that night. It happens due to your hair being thinner than it was when you were wolfing and what Washout does is it kind of washes out some of your waves so they don't show as much definition. Some people don't believe in Washout and think its just some myth but I kind of believe in it. What people say to do is not wash your hair for 4 days after you get a haircut(this can be kind of nasty due to you got your haircut from a barber who has cut other people's hair with those clippers). I would just wash your hair that very day and forget about washout because that's nasty, UNLESS you cut your own hair with your own clippers and you know they aren't nasty from other people's hair.


That's all I have to say about Washing 360 Waves

4 comments:

D-mar said...

So if i wash my hair after a haircut will my waves come back in say 2-3 days?

Anonymous said...

No, i think he's saying dont wash it for 4 days so the waves can be stable.

Anonymous said...

No, i think he's saying dont wash it for 4 days so the waves can be stable.

Anonymous said...

after i get my haircut i wash my hair as soon as i get home the brush

Post a Comment